VW Beetle Forum banner

Smileybug's stock ride: Darla

12K views 34 replies 24 participants last post by  scarabY2k 
#1 ·
So I dont think I've posted pictures of my darling Darla since the new Org has been up and running. I gave her a good bath today...unfortunately her first since August due to me being at college. It was a nice day though so I figured I'd give her a well deserved bath. So here's some pics. The first 2 are when I first got her, the next one is of her at home with the Astros (my parents cars) and then the last ones are of her today. The only interior shot I got (its all stock...nothing exciting and I didnt have time to vacuum to get a good interior pic anyway) is of my mp3 holder in my vase. Thats the only mod I've done. She's a completely stock 2.0 GL 5-speed and I love her to death. I got some good pics of my vinyl stickers I got in Ocean City last summer that I think give her some personality. I love the tribal vw logo on the back and the smiley face on the side just had to be done...I am smileybug after all :D I'm figuring on trading her in when I'm done with college to get a TDI so thats why shes so stock. I'll customize the interior on my next bug hopefully. Hope you enjoy!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
There she is! :clap:

Beautiful! :)

#9 ·
Thanks for all the compliments! :D

I got the sticker in a shop in Ocean City Maryland last summer. It was mostly a clothing store...kinda gothy/biker almost...but they have a big book of stickers you can get printed up in vinyl and you pay for it according to the size you want. $1 per inch and it goes by the length of the longest size or diameter. Got both of my stickers there. I really like them a lot. I'll probably get more the next time I go to OC.

#11 ·
Well don't feel bad. I washed her in August and that was the last time until yesterday and that was probably it until I am home in May for the summer.

#12 ·
I think your bug is too cute!!! Maybe its because I have techno blue also. That first picture of you and your beetle, I had to take a second look... it looks like my old jetta is in the background being looked at, and then I have a Techno Blue also... how random.

Enjoy your bug!!!

#13 ·
Well its been awhile. Got some new shoes on Darla and a much needed summer down in good old North Carolina! Got her all washed up and the bf had to go take pictures of his Passat so he could put up a for sale ad on it. Decided to pamper my baby and get her in on the photoshoot action. And I figured I'd let my bf's car in on it too...as well as myself! It was a fun day. And I got some good shots of my car for the first time in over a year :cool:

Attachments

#14 ·
Smileybug said:
Well its been awhile. Got some new shoes on Darla and a much needed summer down in good old North Carolina! Got her all washed up and the bf had to go take pictures of his Passat so he could put up a for sale ad on it. Decided to pamper my baby and get her in on the photoshoot action. And I figured I'd let my bf's car in on it too...as well as myself! It was a fun day. And I got some good shots of my car for the first time in over a year :cool:
Great shots!

#16 ·
Heh. Nah, I'm still a geek :p

#18 ·
Smileybug said:

what a beautiful girl in a nice bug:flowers:

#19 ·
i dig Darla's "tramp stamp!" if you will.
very cool sticker
the raves were a nice upgrade. i think you should swap wheels w/ your passat buddy for a day of pix.
jus ta see what they both look like switched around.
also, hope you didnt kill the squirrel in the driveway.

#20 ·
Heh. Well, can't switch the wheels. It was my boyfriend's car but he sold it a few days after the shoot. I was rockin' the hubcaps until this past summer when the bf bought me the Raves on the sly for my birthday. She looks so much happier...and sportier :p

#25 ·
Hahaha. Thanks guys :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.