VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I recently purchased an ‘03 new beetle convertible turbo, automatic transmission and with this being my first car i’m confused on some issues that not even the VW dealership can answer.

This afternoon, i proceeded with putting the convertible top down, followed the steps precisely from my owners manual and noticed that a flap is sticking up on the driver’s side back. (picture included) and no matter how many times i search up why this may happen or what i could to resolve the issue, there’s never a clear answer.

2nd issue: when i was driving with the top down, this beeping kept going off and flashing light in the temperature gauge followed suit. i gathered enough information to realize that something is not right but once again, there is no clear answer given in other forums on how to resolve

3. VW logo emblems, the one on the front and the one on the rear are faded and i was wondering if i could actually attach a vw logo sticker, or to touch it up with a fine paintbrush.

I have a lot to learn from my recent purchase and i would like some help from all you VW expertise. i love my little bug but i’m very confused with the upkeep and mechanics... hopefully that will all change.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Welcome, the flap problem has been experienced by others, just do a search of this site.
Additionally there are several you tube videos and some posts at vw vortex.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
The convertible top light is next to the temperature gauge light. The top light is probably flashing, if the temperature gauge light is also flashing check your coolant level in the coolant ball under the hood, add enough coolant to get it between the minimum and maximum line. If the coolant is pink and it should be do not add “green “or “compatible with all manufactures “ coolant. Get it the vw coolant from autozone G12 or G13 it will be pink or lavender. Mixing anything with G12 or 13 will cause a reaction which will turn your coolant to a pukey shade of brown and cause the coolant to form a jello like substance the will clog your cooling passages causing a whole raft of issues you really don’t want to deal with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts