NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend's car that's been sitting, both sunroof drains were clogged, mold everywhere, cowl drains were clogged as well. Not a pretty sight inside:

Quick vacuum--

Floor mat before-

Floor mat after-

Floor boards after a thorough shampoo and spot treatment-

Still needs at least a few more hours dedicated to the carpet, haven't even touched the exterior yet. Will update with some hopefully dramatic before/afters.

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Woah! Great work. Want to do mine next! :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! Finished up the interior today:

Waiting on some polish to come in before I try and tackle the exterior, it's not terrible but it's definitely gonna require some heavy correction

·
Super Moderator
14,783 Posts
Did you unblock the drains?

Thank you for taking this on, and cleaning up that nice New Beetle. Now, where do you live, and what can you do for mine? :wink2:

Looking forward to new before and afters! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you unblock the drains?

Thank you for taking this on, and cleaning up that nice New Beetle. Now, where do you live, and what can you do for mine? :wink2:

Looking forward to new before and afters! :)
Yup! Fished 'em out with weed whacker line then blew em clean with compressed air and vacuumed what was left out with a shop vac, pulled the front cowl and the wipers off, cleared out TONS of leaf debris from there, degreased everything, then I RTV'd the connections behind the A pillars. Hopefully that will ensure no more water leaks in the near future.

Haha, I'm in NC at the moment, soon to be northern VA at MCB Quantico. I do love taking on detailing projects on the side, very rewarding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts