NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it all started a month ago. I started up my car after work and when I was driving about 1 mile from where I left the lights on the dash started to dim and the radio turned off. After that the acceleration stopped responding. My friend had to jump start me four times to get it back to where we left which was a mile away. It was run fine when in park but once i started accelerating the problem would continue.

After reading around I found similar problems dealing with the alternator. So I took out my alternator and had it tested at a parts shop. They said it was broken so I purchased a brand new alternator and installed in perfectly.

But now when I try to start my car the engine won't turn. We even tried to jump start it. Still nothing. And then we charged the battery for a few hours. Still nothing.
When I try to start it the engine won't respond and all the lights on the dash come up and blink constantly. The horn works but it's really low and quick stop making a sound.

Anybody have any suggestions as to what the problem might be? Any help would be well appreciated. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And when I find the junction what will I do with it.

Oh I also wanted to note that I changed my battery two months ago so it's practically brand new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts