VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During diagnosis of a misfire / cps issue(p0343) I have somehow put the beetle into Idiot mode. Car was running great on dry days and had a slight miss on wet days. So I was going through the steps of testing the usual culprits (ignition coil, plugs, wires, Cps) found a broken plug wire on cyl. 2 and figured this was the cause of both my codes. I then unplugged CPS to test voltage and it was in spec. plugged back in and now beetle will not rev past 3100 rpms in any gear/neutral. before I did this test, the car was running well and would go the whole way to redline. Now it seems that there is a rev. limiter at 3100. With engine off and key on TPS reads normally 4% - 100% , with engine running and gas pedal floored it maxes out between 9% and 12%. Anyone ever have a similar issue?

·
5/23/10 <3
11,416 Posts
Sounds like limp mode. Have you scanned for codes since that has happened?

·
5/23/10 <3
11,416 Posts
Have you scanned with VCDS by chance? I had limp mode in my GTI and a generic reader didn't pick up the code.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My daughter's 02 kept going into limp mode when raining. Found there was water getting to the TCM under the passengers carpet. Fixed the issue with some undercoat spray and few rubber grommets

1 - 5 of 5 Posts