NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having issues with my locks and door. When I unlock my car and open the drivers door it will relock after a little bit if I have not started the car. (It acts like I never opened the door) This does not happen when I open the passenger door. I am thinking that a sensor might be out, but I am not sure. Any Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Sounds like the door lock microswitch...

Do the interior lights come on when you open the driver's door...?

-Des

·
Send Money
1,135 Posts
Does your alarm go off while you are in the car, or do the interior lights come on while you are driving?

As Des said.. microswitch: located inside the latch mechanism.

On the old forums there was a $3.00 (yes THREE DOLLAR) fix to this problem. It works, but it's a lot of effort. Or you could replace the latch assembly... $140 part, or have the dealer R&R for about 2 hours labor plus the part... Unless you have some sort of warranty...

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
HachieAshley said:
I am having issues with my locks and door. When I unlock my car and open the drivers door it will relock after a little bit if I have not started the car. (It acts like I never opened the door) This does not happen when I open the passenger door. I am thinking that a sensor might be out, but I am not sure. Any Suggestions?
This is completely normal response for the drivers door being opened and the engine is not started for a bit. It is only needed for the drivers door because thats the door that the driver uses to start the car. Even if you unlock the car and do not open the door, it will re-lock the car and reset the alarm after just a little while. This is all part of the comfort module and is normal behavior. I believe that if you unlock the drivers door, get in and insert key into ignition and leave it in the off position, the doors while not re-lock. Try that and see if it is not so. I think you are seeing just one of the many odd VW behavior traits.. JK

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No my lights don’t come on. It seems to me that the sensor that recognizes that my door has been opened is not working. Where can I find the how to for the $3 fix? :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts