NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my wife's beetle the hearing and air do not function correctly. The air only works if the outside temperature is below 80 degrees and the heat only works roughly about 50 degrees. When switching between defrost, feet, both, head settings, nothing changes and air continues to blow from ALL vents. Sometimes when hitting a big bump, the heat or air will work for a few seconds and go away again.

Any ideas? And does anyone know an average cost to have it repaired?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Recently I replaced the compressor,expansion valve, and dryer,on my AC system. My car is a 99 with a 2.0 in it. Both cooling fans were shot,so they are new. I also replaced the high/low pressure switch. Refrigerant charge is perfect, pressures are ideal. But the same as you, whenever the ambient temperature hits 80 degrees or above,my AC only works when it wants to, I know that and one other switch feeds power to the air conditioning compressor clutch. And there is one other temperature sending unit that will shut off power to the compressor when engine temperature reaches over 235 Fahrenheit. It sounds like we have some of the same problem so I'm going to put my new fan controller relay in there tomorrow or the next day, and I will let you know what happens. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
758 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts