NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
What's in a title?
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I am new here. I have a 2001 techno blue GLS. She is getting a little long in the tooth but I love her too much to send her away. So, I'm rebuilding her and fully plan to drive her as long as I can buy parts ;)

Right now she has 110,000 miles. I'm thinking to install a west wings body kit and re-paint her soon. Right now, i'm getting ready for the ECS timing belt kit, then new shocks and struts.

Hopefully I won't need a new motor any time soon - that would suck :(

Anyway, hello all :)

- Tom

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
ttupper said:
Hi all - I am new here. I have a 2001 techno blue GLS. She is getting a little long in the tooth but I love her too much to send her away. So, I'm rebuilding her and fully plan to drive her as long as I can buy parts ;)

Right now she has 110,000 miles.
- Tom
Well, since parts are still availablef or 50 year old VW's, you should be able to continue driving the car until you die. :)

BTW, 110,000 on the engine is barely even middle aged if maintenance is done correctly.

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
Welcome to the Org! :wave3:

Kudos to you for not giving up on your NB. I plan to do the same...... :D

·
I Luv CGB!!!
2,128 Posts
Welcome to the Org! Lots of information to be had here. Great people to get to know. I'm originally from Santa Ana, myself.:)

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
hello and welcome to the org! we're glad to have you. my car has almost 91K and i plan on driving it until it biodegrades out from underneath me. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts