NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Dreams Come True
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sure hope this car doesn't turn me aways from beetles. Heck I was almost born in one back in 1981.

I've had mine since Oct 15th 2010. In that time the window has messed up and transmission.

I had shop rebuild transmission for 2413.00, She sure does shift weird. Cruising 60mph I'm running at least 3,000rphs. But shop said beetles have odd shift points.

My driver side window has really been kicking our butts. I watched a few how to videos on youtube and well it looked easy so I got the rebuild kit to redo the cables and clips. Good thing cables were a mess and one of the clips was broke. We finally got that all in place. Window sounds ok going down. Its going up that is the night mare. It's like the window is too heavy. The brackets will move up and down without window fine. But with the window it makes that noise most of you know what i'm talking about. Sounds like window cracking or cables messing up or something to that affect.

So I'm not sure what to do but go buy a window regulator too. Wanted advise first since it goes down ok and goes down and up ok without window.

Any if someone knows ideally what the shift points ideally the mph to the rpms should be. Transmission still under warranty might have them look her over again.

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,634 Posts
If your transmission is the O1M Automatic, the shift point ranges are determined by the valve body. Generally speaking shifts occur around 2500-3000 rpms and vary +/- 500, depending on your driving style.

In regards to your window issue; if it were me, I would take it apart again and check my work; as it sounds like the window is binding, so the alignment may be off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts