VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mostly interior pics for now, but it's got 57k on it and the previous owner didn't take care of it at all, the interior was beat all to crap...nasty. Door panels are horrible, seats need to be steam cleaned but they will be nice when done, headliner was shot, dash is scratched up badly...just sorry shape.

I've already bought a new wheel for it, recharged the AC, and luckily I picked up a full turbo S interior with awesome seats to go in it.

So far I got the carpet out and it was nasty underneath...there was black mold and even 4 cockroaches!

I removed all the sound insulation and cleaned the bare floor pan with a bleach based cleaner to kill all the germs and let it sun dry good.

At this point I just need to source the last of the parts I need and then I can finish putting things back together.

The car is silver and the Turbo S I got the interior out of is red...i was going to paint the door panels black or silver or cover them in black vinyl...but I stuck the red ones on there and i kinda like the way it looks red so i'm thinking I might leave it alone and just stick with the red...not sure yet.

any opinions on that? Should I just leave the door and back panels red? The rest of the interior is black...the only part that would be red is the top piece of the door panel and the top piece of the rear panels.

Here are a few pics of how it was when I started:

here's sort of the mid point...

more later once i get more parts together.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Keep up the good work, I thought the interior of mine had been mistreated but yours takes it to a whole new level.
I cannot understand people who spend all that money on a car and then wreck it.
The previous owner of mine had a dog and I think they groomed it in there and used it as a kennel dog hairs everywhere and door tops scratched to bits, to say nothing of the sweets there kids had managed to stick all over the rear seats
Personally myself I would stay with the black trim as I like to keep cars in standard condition but each to there own.

It took me almost a year from purchase to road to sort it out and I still keep finding little niggles to sort out but it keeps me occupied and the reward of driving her and waving to other beetle owners was worth the wait

·
Registered
444 Posts
You are a man after my own heart! Being an auto detailer by trade I am used to making ice cream out of S**t, as they say in my business. Good for you and post photos as you progress. ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keep up the good work, I thought the interior of mine had been mistreated but yours takes it to a whole new level.
I cannot understand people who spend all that money on a car and then wreck it.
The previous owner of mine had a dog and I think they groomed it in there and used it as a kennel dog hairs everywhere and door tops scratched to bits, to say nothing of the sweets there kids had managed to stick all over the rear seats
Personally myself I would stay with the black trim as I like to keep cars in standard condition but each to there own.

It took me almost a year from purchase to road to sort it out and I still keep finding little niggles to sort out but it keeps me occupied and the reward of driving her and waving to other beetle owners was worth the wait
I know what you mean, this one was full of dog hair. It must have pissed in the floor, but luckily not in the seats. There were a lot of dog scratches all over the interior. I'm just glad it doesn't smell like that anymore with the new carpet in there and the old seats will clean up really nicely with a good steam cleaning I think...so I should be able to sell those and recoup some money. I'll have some other salvaged parts I can sell as well, I saved everything that wasn't damaged.

I think i'll just stick the red in there and see how I like it, the door panels and the rear panels all pop off easy enough to do that project on a weekend...so no big hurry...if i don't like it i can just paint them silver once I get it all running, would be one less thing to worry about right now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts