VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Summary: Up for sale is my silver 2002 New Beetle Turbo S. The Turbo S model was the only New Beetle to get VW/Audi's 180 HP version of the 1.8T engine (06A series, AWP code), and the only one to get its 6-speed manual transmission (02M series, FML code). Only 5000 Turbo S models were produced for the US market, and none for Canada. Performs like an Audi TT, but looks so much better (IMHO). I believe it's still the highest performing OEM Beetle ever sold in North America.

Pluses: 130K highway miles, full synthetic oil every 5K, recent Gates Blue Heavy Duty Timing Belt and GRAF all-metal brass impeller water pump at 109K, Audi TT Sport front seats (still have the NB TS seats if buyer wants them), and upgraded to 3" stainless-steel turbo exhaust down-pipe (when original developed a leak) expertly mated to excellent OEM exhaust including stock dual chrome outlets. Stock chip, never abused.

Minuses: The previous owner removed the "Turbo S" trunk emblem. I never made up my mind whether to replace or leave off for "stealth" purposes, but I've intentionally left some of the original adhesive residue so the precise original position can be used for replacement. The front lower grille insert is cracked from road debris. There are some stone chips on the front fascia and a few parking scuffs on both front and rear fascia. The driver's door has been touched up following a lower door hinge failure (since replaced).

Comments: I love this car. I actually prefer driving it to my Audi S4, but can fit more junk into the Audi and can't keep both. If I could keep it, I'd integrate boost and temperature gauges, but can't think of anything else.

Canada-ready: For any potential Canadian buyers, the Turbo S model was never offered in Canada, but I've confirmed with RIV that it's admissible. Duty (and import taxes) are already covered (and documented!), so it can be legally driven by Canadians in Canada despite still being US-plated. Import-wise, I can use VAG-COM to switch from miles to kilometers for you, and it already has fully compliant DRLs. Thus, I'd also be willing to expedite importation upon acceptable deposit.

Conclusion: Solid car from Texas. Clean Connecticut title in my name. Currently near Potsdam, New York 13668. Asking $3200 USD for quick sale this month (August, 2015). Eric: (646) two-one-six 8586.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts