VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, Im New Here, My story is I bought this 02 beetle. never thought I would be caught in it. I bought it for an x girlfriend because she had an old clunker always breaking down.I bought the bug from an old lady at the coast . she had got to the point she would drive off and forget where she was going, so they took it away from her. and took her key. well the sunroof was left open for months and I had rained inside the car about 4 inches of water. After they realized it was rained in the closed the sunroof and let it sit sealed for a little over a year. when I showed up to pick up the car its was absolutely terrible. mold/sap/ fungus. just plain ruined. I tried to jump her off but she just didn't have it in her.:( . I went to walmart and bought a battery and replaced it and she cranked right up. I knew then there was hope. when I got her home I ripped out the interior and replaced everything after I got down to the basics with bleach and zep antifungal cleaner. I replaced the carpet and headliner and she started to smile. instead of smelling like some old rotten mud from a saltwater creek she smelled of a hospital. I called some friends to help me with electrical issues with no prevail. he said its Hitlers curse. So without knowing a thing I bought a manual and a vag scanner. I fixed 95 percent of her problems then hit another wall. to many relays, grounds. I had bitten off more than I could chew and time was growing short. I had heard about a VW magician in durham NC. Hicks and son. On a snowy Thursday I trailered the bug project to him , on the following Monday he called and said it was all done. the bill was 3k but everything that needed fixing or replacement was done. I gave the bug to my girlfriend about a month ago and she loved it for a week. then I found out about how unappreciative someone can be. Caught her cheating. so I took my Bug That Love Built Back. :cool: Well I started driving it as daily commuter cause its way better on gas than my Avalanche. I have fallen in love with her. Now im thinking a kit, coilovers and a turbo. I plan on hitting tail of dragon in may for my very first Bug Rally. Thank You For Reading my story and stay tuned for many more .

·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
That's quite a story! :eek:

Did you document that resurrection with pictures? We love pics! :D

Welcome to the Org! :party:

·
5/23/10 <3
11,417 Posts
That's certainly quite a story! Glad you found the Org!

I can say that I've not heard of that VW mechanic before. Absolute Automotive is who I'd go to if you're driving out to Durham for service. There is a pretty active VW scene in the RDU area.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank You for Having me

I have some pictures of rebuild , will post up asap.Still learning how to navigate this Forum. I am going to TOD may 2nd. Hope to see Yall there :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts