VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 02 GLS with cloth seats, I'm working on purchasing a set of 02 Turbo S leather seats which are heated.

Can anyone tell me what is involved with the swap to get the heated leather working? I can get the dash section with the controls on it. What else do I need to do?

Are the wires for the seat already run or would I need to buy some sort of kit? or what?

·
5/23/10 <3
11,417 Posts
You'll need to make some wiring to make the heaters work. I know there is a how to on vwvortex.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You'll need to make some wiring to make the heaters work. I know there is a how to on vwvortex.

the guy I'm getting the seats from said I could have the factory wiring also? Not sure what else is needed, i assume some type of relay. I'll check Vortex and see if i can find it.

The ones I've found so far mostly talk about what years seat belts match up and all that stuff, this is a 02 to 02 swap so I assume its not going to be that big of a deal...of course, I'll be wrong lol.

Thanks.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,417 Posts
I'd be impressed if they pull the wiring. It's a bit of a pain but if you get it all you are in good shape.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well...I got the seats and I got a mostly complete main wiring harness which has the heated seat connectors and all that fully intact from what I can tell.

the parts that are under the seats and wires that run up to the dash under the carpet and center console are all there.

The fuse box is there and a few different relay panels as well...there are a couple of cuts made to the harness though...but for the most part i've been able to find everything but the plugs that go to the controls on the dash? Does anyone have a pic of the plugs that go to the control unit?

Just to be clear I need to see what the plugs look like that go to this:

VW Volkswagen New Beetle 1 8T ESP Heated Seats Hazard Switch Set w Mounting Trim | eBay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts