VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 turbo s, and when i drive it sometimes it feels like when the car is accelerating when the turbo is spooled up it will like struggle for a second and then its back to accelerating, it feels almost like as if somebody turned the turbo off for a second, there is no check engine light on, im not sure if this is a normal thing or not, the only car i can compare it to is my 03 passat wagon 1.8t that doesn't do that.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
I drove my car that way for a number of years; as I was having a hard time figuring out what the problem was. I would remove the diverted valve and test it; see if it holds vacuum or is binding. My DV held vacuum but the spring was possibly weak and you could feel it binding, when using a vacuum tester (holding it in your hand). It is a drag driving a car with the boost system messed up; it made a huge difference, once I fixed it. The Turbo S is supposed to be a 1.8T @ 180HP with responsive and smooth power delivery. I drove it crippled for so long; I forgot how well and powerful these cars, are supposed to be! The degradation in boost/power happens gradually over time; so, you forget how your car once was! Fix it and get it running right; you will be surprised, what you have been missing! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts