VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have spent several hours searching this forum and havent found the answer I am looking for. I have found a lot of good info here.

I just bought a 02 Beetle with a 1.8T AWV engine for really cheap. The motor was overheated and killed. I am going to buy a used engine to put into it. I am trying to figure out if any of the other engine codes would be better to install? If they are a direct swap or not? I just dont want to buy a AWV and find out later I should of went with a better performing code? Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
irregular member
64 Posts
I have an awv as well. Are you sure the original engine couldn't be saved? It would be easiest to stick with the same code, but if you are looking for upgrade just make sure that the new engine will match the transmission. It does make a difference if your car is an automatic or manual. Also you need to make sure that the new engine has a vvt head, is drive by wire, and is a transverse engine not longitudinal. I am pretty sure an awp or similar could work but I am not certain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts