NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
A.K.A PROJECT X
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say im new here and i'm a ls1 guy but my g/f's got a 03 turbo bug and figured i'd check your site out....well i think your site's pretty cool for bug stuff anyhow on to the questions.... g/f's bug is a 03 turbo automatic was wandering on mods dont wanna got to overboard wit hit still under warranty y'know but i really would like to put i believe it's called a blow-off valve on it, im not real keen on turbo stuff but i am mechanically inclined pretty much, so i could put one in from stuff i've seen on them. anyhow reason i'm asking about other mods is incase i can't put one on their because of the warranty ( i think the whoooosshhh sound is cool to on the turbo's ;) ) can this be done to her car??? remember it's a auto not a stick.... anyhow any imput is greatly appreciated and like i said your site rocks, i'm learning alot of stuff on the bugg's, being as im a ls1 guy :D thanks..........

·
A.K.A PROJECT X
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Thanks.....

Hey Thanks For The Info I Appreciate It:d ...anybody Else Got More Info As Well????

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I had a Stratmosphere diverter valve on my '03 turbo bug. A Baily is a good one from what others have said. I would probably do a better exhaust first crack out of the box. The diverter would probably be next. I personally didn't change out the intake because I didn't want to deal with MAF problems while I was still under warranty.

The best bang for the buck is probably a chip. If your g/f leased the car, that might not be a good idea. Be aware it may void the warranty if it is discovered. APR is a good chip manufacturer.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
You need a Diverter valve or Bypass Valve, not a Blow-Off Valve. Our turbo motors meter the incoming air, so blowing it out to the atmosphere screws things up.

Swap for some short hot-air intake and you'll get plenty of sound from your DV.

VW Service is notorious for decliining service do to modifications, so don't do anything you don't think you can undo when you have to take it in.

If you're worried about the warranty, don't modify the car. Otherwise, have fun with it.

the proven bolt-on upgrade method would be to change the intake, the exhaust, and the software programming (chip it) all that should net you about 70-80 hp.

·
A.K.A PROJECT X
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey!!!!

Hey, thanks guys i really appreciate the info on mods and yea i was planning ot put a exhaust or modify it 1st so i guess i will go from there then the valve is next, i gotta find out when her warranty runs out ( that's a good/bad thing;) )lol thanks as always .........brandon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts