VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, first-timer on this forums site. Hope you can clear something up for me. The wife backed into something and smashed the passenger side reverse light/ back up light lens and bulb.

Every online parts store that I have found that has the replacement assembly says that it excludes the Turbo/Turbo S models.

My questions are:

1. Where the heck do I find a replacement assembly compatible with the turbo S?

2. Are they even correct in saying that the generally available assembly won't work for the Turbo S models?

Hope some of you guys have had the same issue and can share your wisdom/ experience. Thank you in advance

Rory

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
To compare part numbers?

http://www.vwparts2go.com - VW Parts with diagrams and part numbers

Another place to order online - VW Parts | Volkswagen Parts

The Turbo S headlights and many of the front is different, not sure about the reverse lights.

Might just Google images, you should easily find a standard VW rear shot that you can compare to your Turbo S.

Member 007 here should be able to answer your question and search his name, he has posted a lot of pictures here of his car as well.

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Yes, they are different then the standard Beetle.
But the standard reverse lights will fit in the hole, and the mounting bolts will line up as well.
The only thing is the lens will not sit flush with the bumper. It will sit recessed about a half inch in the bumper. Let me try to dig up a pic to help explain. See the red rear fog on my TS, the lens assembly is off a standard Beetle. You can see how the other one sits flush. I hope I didnt confuse you with all this.

Attachments

·
big poster turned lurker.
2003 Turbo S
9,499 Posts
Yes, they are different then the standard Beetle.
But the standard reverse lights will fit in the hole, and the mounting bolts will line up as well.
The only thing is the lens will not sit flush with the bumper. It will sit recessed about a half inch in the bumper. Let me try to dig up a pic to help explain. See the red rear fog on my TS, the lens assembly is off a standard Beetle. You can see how the other one sits flush. I hope I didnt confuse you with all this.
Oooh. I was wondering what it would look like because I got my hands on a rear fog light before I got another bug and wasn't expecting to get a TS. I actually really like the recessed look! I'm gonna have to go find a standard reverse lens for the other side when I install mine now. Thanks so much for tha t photo.

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Thats the look I was going for, just havent changed out the other side out yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts