NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all of us who had the whole Window Regulator,window, top, conversion to window drop from the handle to the remote done.....has anyone been expierencing issues now with their windows?

I have been fussing with a sound when the window goes up and down....and there has been some type of parts replacement done a few weeks ago....but the problem keeps coming back.

It sounds like a creaking rubbing sound...and when the window is closing.....some times you can hear a tight rubbing glass sound......

Just wondering.....

Thanks, Connie

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,142 Posts
I'm not sure about the convertible, but I have noticed that my 03 sedan driver side window has gotten extremely slow. Anyone else with this problem?

·
Registered
944 Posts
I'll be returning to the dealer for the third time in the not too distant future to replace the regulator... yet again. I believe this is due to the last time they replaced it, it was improperly adjusted. Oh well, doesn't effect performance!

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well

Mine was taken in on Thursday the 17th and should have it tonight. Has anyone expierenced a creaking sound or rubbing sound or scratching sound when the window is all the way up? Thats one of the things its in for this time. Hopefully they can find the problem...I am thinking the window needs to be adjusted.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had the passenger's side window regulator replaced, because it was making a creaking sound when going up. Now, the two rear quarter windows are also making a very slight creaking sound when going up. I'll be asking to get those replaced as well when I return for an oil change.

I guess my strategy now is to replace as many parts on my Beetle as possible. Then it'll be a new car! ;)

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool

schen72 said:
I had the passenger's side window regulator replaced, because it was making a creaking sound when going up. Now, the two rear quarter windows are also making a very slight creaking sound when going up. I'll be asking to get those replaced as well when I return for an oil change.

I guess my strategy now is to replace as many parts on my Beetle as possible. Then it'll be a new car! ;)
Mine is to replace as many parts as possible in the next 2 1/2 years before the warranty is up............then punt!:D

·
Registered
125 Posts
we have an 03 cabrio which had issues with the windows not dropping when the doors were opened... at first it did it with one door, had it "fixed" then the other door did it, so had that "fixed" then eventually both doors did it so again had them "fixed"... when it did it again on both doors we put in a complaint with VW Australia's head office.. got onto the head maintenance dude and he flew from Sydney to Melb to instruct the dealership what to with the car.. he booked the car in through us and told us it would be fixed correctly this time. Since that was done (was told they replaced the regulators to a newer version) we have not had anymore probs with the windows.
With regard to noises as the windows go up or down i have found that you have to make sure the rubber seals for the windows and the window glass is clean as any dirt in between the glass and seal can cause noises.

·
Sun Goddess
7 Posts
We had the right rear quarter window replaced and when we went to pick it up, the window was way out of alignment. It still would not go up all the way. The dealer (CarMax) said there are "like 50 different adjustments in there" and the tech didn't want to mess with them. We needed the car so he show us how to make the window go up until we could come back. One week later the interior panel is cracked because of the excessive pressure from the window. Lesson learned: always make sure the job is done right or refuse the car when it is returned. The dealer is paying for all the parts and labor for the new panel, but our time is more important than the money...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts