VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an 05 Beetle that was spewing white smoke from exhaust as a project. I got it in garage and started digging. The turbo piping at intercooler was FULL of oil. I bought a replacement K03 turbo that matched and replaced it. I got it back together and driving. It only has white/blueish smoke after driving a while and only when i get on the Throttle. Im guessing oil in exhaust pipe/muffler remains, suspecting head gasket as well(more to check on that later). My primary concern and question is the codes that appeared now that werent ther before. Not a VW specific reader by the way. P0011 - 'A' Camshaft Position timing Over-advanced or System Performance Bank 1 and (main question) P0234 - Turbo Charger Overboost Condition.
I know that the there is an option to "Reset Turbo Learned Values" in the VCDS program( I don't have). Is that something i need to do after replacing the turbo or is it more likely that my N75 or the diverter are failed? at a glance with the repair manual the hoses look installed correctly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for the P0011 code, I looked at the N205 sensor and it looks like the connector got damaged and is loose. For the P0234, I am going to dig into the hoses for the N75 and diverter valve. check them and make sure connected properly and not damaged.

·
Registered
18,828 Posts
For the damaged connector; look at the plug housing snd there should be a VW part # on it. Then you can search online, a preassembled pigtail; is typically sold online on eBay or amazon. At the VW dealer parts dept; they will be able to get you repair wires with pre-crimped terminals and the plug housing by itself.

·
Registered
18,828 Posts
Here is a quick test for the DV; if it holds vacuum, another thing to check for is if the valve is binding, as it releases vacuum. In my case the DV held vacuum, however; as the valve moved i could feel it jerking inside and this was causing some hesitation in turbo boost. The dv should move smoothly and hold vacuum.

If you need a replacement, stick with a quality 710N or later version oem dv; these are sold under the Kayser and VNE brands. Stay away from Chinese aftermarket knockoffs; like HamburgTechnic or URO.

1.8T 06A 145 710 P diverter valve

If you are looking to upgrade; you might check out something like the Forge 008:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update: checked DV and replaced N75. DV good. chased the hoses and went through everything. replaced hose to wastegate actuator after i found a break in it. still need to get the cam over advanced addressed and engine should be good. then just got to fix the parking brake light

1 - 9 of 9 Posts