VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i have an 05 new beetle which the top will not go down. I found the fuse box but it does not indicate for convertible roof. Is there a different fuse or relay box and if so where is its location as well as fuse position and amp.
Thankyou

·
Registered
17,344 Posts
You might try this by pass procedure; shown in this video:

If that works, you may have a fault in the top system; bad position sensors, are the typical issue related to that.

A vw scan tool, could help identify; the offending sensor and review related trouble codes, see live data, like shown in the video.

·
Registered
17,344 Posts
To help understand how the convertible top system works; you might download the eRWin service manual and the Self Study Program:

Self Study Program 281 – The New Beetle Cabriolet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,344 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Beetle Convertible GLX, Royal Navy
98 Posts
hello, i have an 05 new beetle which the top will not go down. I found the fuse box but it does not indicate for convertible roof. Is there a different fuse or relay box and if so where is its location as well as fuse position and amp.
Thankyou
Try this - disconnect the battery, tap the positive and negative terminals together a couple times and reconnect the terminals to the battery. That might reset the system. It worked for me when my top stopped working.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts