NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, glad to find a nice group of beetle enthusiasts. My name is Dave, living in NYC. Picked up a blue 06 coupe, package #2 last October. I knew I had some things to fix when I bought it. One DTRL isn't working, overhead interior light not working, the armrest cover is worn and has a broken latch and the the glovebox rattles like crazy. It's hard finding grey interior replacement parts. Haven't come across a grey leather armrest yet.

Kinda rough on the streets of Brooklyn. So before attempting to fix her up I had a hit and run. After the first snowfall, within a month someone slid into the rear. Luckily, it was only the bumper cover and marker light that was damaged. Then someone broke the passenger side view mirror...not from the street, the mirror was on the sidewalk side! Still on and works but I need to get it fixed.

Oh, the last thing I lost my front license plate bracket. License plate and all. My first question, maybe dumb, but is what holds the darn thing on? I don't see anything behind the bumper that a screw would go into or a plastic piece that would fit into the hole. I only have the 3 holes for the bracket.

Any help is greatly appreciated and forgive any typos:)

·
Super Moderator
14,784 Posts
First off, Welcome to the Org! :wave2:

I've never had a NB newer than 2005, so the 06+, I'm not sure about the front plate issue. Regarding the apparent vandalism, MOVE. :(

Keep looking for the interior parts you're looking for. They will pop up eventually.

In any condition, We Love Pics!

Again, Welcome, and Good Luck! :)

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the warm welcome! Moving isn't an option just yet. However, I do see the west coast in my future....at some point. I will certainly post pics as soon as I get them. Gotta make sure she's clean first:D

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Beetle's are the most cutest car ever built by VW. They are just the best..i am a huge fan of them so i decided to join this forum.Nice to meet you all.
Jevin, A warm welcome to the greatest Beetle ORG on the web. We love photos, so, I hope you'll share a batch of yours!

Be sure you fill in your profile and start your own thread with a photo of your car!

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
Hello everyone, glad to find a nice group of beetle enthusiasts. My name is Dave, living in NYC. Picked up a blue 06 coupe, package #2 last October. I knew I had some things to fix when I bought it. One DTRL isn't working, overhead interior light not working, the armrest cover is worn and has a broken latch and the the glovebox rattles like crazy. It's hard finding grey interior replacement parts. Haven't come across a grey leather armrest yet.

Kinda rough on the streets of Brooklyn. So before attempting to fix her up I had a hit and run. After the first snowfall, within a month someone slid into the rear. Luckily, it was only the bumper cover and marker light that was damaged. Then someone broke the passenger side view mirror...not from the street, the mirror was on the sidewalk side! Still on and works but I need to get it fixed.

Oh, the last thing I lost my front license plate bracket. License plate and all. My first question, maybe dumb, but is what holds the darn thing on? I don't see anything behind the bumper that a screw would go into or a plastic piece that would fit into the hole. I only have the 3 holes for the bracket.

Any help is greatly appreciated and forgive any typos:)
WELCOME ABOARD THE ORG :D. Glad you found us!
How do you eat an elephant??
A) One bite at a time.

Post your pix. The good the bad and the ugly.....WE LOVE SEEING PIX. Before AND after too.
:yaya: WELCOME!

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
Beetle's are the most cutest car ever built by VW. They are just the best..i am a huge fan of them so i decided to join this forum.Nice to meet you all.
Hey there!
WELCOME :D
Be sure to post your pix and complete your profile. There may be other ORGERS in YOUR area.

glad you found us!
:wave:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello from Midwestern Nebraska :)

Hello everyone got my little lovebug almost a month ago and I'm still in shock I finally have my dream car. He's an 06 coupe harvest moon beige hardtop. Soo happy I found a place where others are just as dedicated VW bug lovers. :) sorry it posted my pic upside down :/

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts