VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted a beetle for so long. I've had "Shadow" for about 2 years with 51k when purchased, now 54K. Yeah, I don't use it much. Purely stock. It has had a rough short life. Needed some tlc. Had some of the typical issues: broken armrest latch, glove box door broken (rattles terribly). Headliner sag. Only the driver's side interior light is working. While in my possession I had a hit and run on the rear bumper after 2 months of ownership and someone broke the passenger side mirror. It's rough on the streets of Brooklyn. I did a few minor mods:

1. Audi TT pedals & dead pedal
2. Got a great deal on goal wheels on ebay $450 brand new set. No fakes for me! My sarasota wheels were pretty beaten up. I still have them. May use them for the winter months.
3. All new continentals
4. All new brakes
5. Replaced lug bolt locks; discovered I was missing one bolt while putting on rear mud guards! I had the key though. Mavis tire tech never said a thing. Thanks!
6. Mud guards. Still need to install the front set. Didn't have time.
7. Monster mats
8. Weathertech vent shades
9. The bumper was fixed

Wish list:
Repair headliner
Get interior map lights to work
Replace the glove box (have one to replace
Fix armrest
On the fence changing head unit; not sure if I want to carry head unit face around with me all the time.

Photo is taken at my father's home. Only place I can do work on it.:D

Past VWs: first car 1980 green dasher wagon (for college):eek:, 1984 Silver GTI, 2003 silver Jetta wolfsburg

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts