NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2007 has the Monsoon system.

My aux jack seems to be broken or something, as I have to have the cord in just right or only one side of speakers works and vice versa. Is it worth taking the panel apart to look at it, or is this something I would just be wasting my time with?

Secondly, is there a direct Aux port in the head of the stereo?

Third, is there a cord I can buy that isn't an aux cord to plug into my iphone 5? The sound quality does make a big difference.

Lastly, is is true if I want to change the head, I have to gut all the existing wire, and monsoon speakers and amp and start all over? I think my right front speaker may be close to blown and I just replaced the left one, so needless to say i'm over the system in general. I don't really blast my music.

·
squirreljuice
388 Posts
1. check with another cable to make sure its not the cable. If its the jack, its not worth your time to try and fix it. Those things are a nightmare when they stop working.

2. I don't believe there is, I know some companies made a cable that interfaced where the CD changer was supposed to plug into, but I don't know if it works for 06+ bugs.

3. The above mentioned, but its pretty expensive and I don't know if it would work with your head.

4. No you do not. I have done the swap myself. All you need is the adapter plug to go from the cable dongle that comes with the head to the stock wiring. My Monsoon speakers went bad, so I went all Rockford Fosgate and bypassed the Monsoon amp with my own. Worth it in my opinion. The only thing you need to look out for when running your own amp is where you rout the speaker wire. My passenger door speaker doesn't work all the time due to where I put the wire. after two years of rocking back and forth, its a little picky on when it will work. I'm going to get around to fixing it eventually.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts