NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Rick
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 nbc and went to change the pollen filter and I found that my car did not come with one from the factory?

is this common? when I called the dealer they told me my car does't have one because it is a vert.

anybody else come across this with their nbc?

·
1,255 Posts
My 09 NBC did not have one either. I added one which is a simple task. Search the org for posts. You only need two parts from a donor car or buy new. Remove the screen filter and install the new filter housing using same two nuts, put the real filter in the filter frame and your done.

·
1,255 Posts
Yes. If you look at your car very closely and compare it to a 03 (first year for NBC) you will find a lot of little things gone: gas cap holder clip, drivers side under dash panel, door warning lights, pollen filter, under dash red light (ash tray light) above cup holder, passenger's door security light, light in 12V sockets, trunk 12V accessory socket and more . . .

·
Registered
248 Posts
I read somewhere recently...oh yeah, it was in my owner's manual that the only bugs that have the pollen filters are the Canadian bugs. Look at the maintenance section in the owner's manual.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Aw c'mon, you drive a Vert and your worried about having a dust and pollen filter? The latest OM I have is an '08 and the only reference made to a dust and pollen filter is in the maintenance section, indicating the need to change it, "WHERE APPLICABLE". IMHO, these things are quite stupid anyway, just something else to maintain, and from what I have seen (Bentley) a PITA to get to and change. Also a source, I would guess, in areas of high humidity, for mold spores to flourish. But to answer your question, I don't believe my '05 NBC has one either, if I find it does, it'll be deleted.

MORAV

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
My 2008 hard top, dosn't have a pollen filter!!!

JonK
This would be a guess, but since we have somewhat established the earlier deletion of this feature in the NBC, and since the OM states "where applicable", it is entirely possible that the elimination of this was planned for '08 and became a "running change" when the inventory of this part hit "0". Thus the note "where applicable".

M.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
I think its an '06+ change with the no cabin filter thing. It wasn't until people with the '06 cars started posting that I heard about no cabin filter.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
My 07 vert does not have a pollen filter either.
True, I don't think any 2006+ models have them. But you could still install one if you so desire. It is a bit of a pain to get to the place where the pollen filters were originally but it can be done with a little patience and about 45 minutes of work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts