NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Having a few issues with the bug and from what I'm being told its my purge valve. Ive also been told its pretty easy to put a new one in yourself while I'm not real car smart I'm pretty good at watching something or someone do something and be able to do it myself.
Now has anyone replaced their purge valve themselves? is it easy? My main question here really is where is the purge valve located??

Thanks

·
Registered
13,523 Posts
To start with; discuss the problems you are having and you might get a fresh scan of the car, see if there are any trouble codes. We can go from there, thanks.

N80: purge valve #7: (advance to the next pages; for testing info):

Volkswagen Workshop Manuals > New Beetle Convertible L5-2.5L (BPR) (2007) > Powertrain Management > Emission Control Systems > Evaporative Emissions System > Canister Purge Control Valve > Component Information > Locations

As for the part itself; Bosch oem quality, is the way to go. A quick search; comes up with this part number but I would confirm, it is the right one by look up the part by your vin # or looking at the part number, on the old purge valve: VW part #: 06E906517A

If that is the correct one; they are less, than $20 online:

https://www.google.com/search?q=06E906517A&oq=06E906517A&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60.843j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

·
Registered
2 Posts
I replaced the n80 valve in our 2008 NBC, 2.5 liter Thursday. Took about 5 minutes and only a pair of pliers. It is located on the front passenger side of the engine under the snap off faux aluminum cover. Fixed our hard to start after fillup issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts