NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 08 convertible trunk will not open, had to get arm though back seat and turn trunk lever... anyone had this problem? Remote key or the door switch will open it,?

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Since neither the remote, nor the door switch are working, you can probably rule out those two items. The [V53] Rear Lid Central Locking System Motor is directly wired to and controlled by the [J393] Comfort System Comfort Control Module. There are two intermediate connectors between the two.

You need to check for power at the motor (when the release is activated) to determine if it is the motor itself, and then work backwards, checking for power at all connections. If you have power to the motor, you might then check for continuity to ground of the ground wire. If it's not a problem with the motor, or the wiring to the motor, I suggest you then have the CCM checked with VAG equipment by someone who has both the equipment and the knowledge to use it properly.

The most common problem I have read is a broken wire at the motor.

Below are some diagrams to possibly help you track down the problem.

MORAV

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
I was wondering which other features the CCM controls. Neither my rear hatch door or my gas filler lid will open with the buttons on drivers door OR the remote. I have to open the hatch always with the key and the gas filler lid by hand. I see that those problems could be related to the CCM. Now, suddenly my AC stopped. Is that by any chance covered by the CCM? The door now has a random issue with opening/not opening with the remote. I will push the button, door opens. Maybe half an hour later, it will not open with the remote and I have to use the key. I'm beginning to think there is a ghost in the machine.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I was wondering which other features the CCM controls. Neither my rear hatch door or my gas filler lid will open with the buttons on drivers door OR the remote. I have to open the hatch always with the key and the gas filler lid by hand. I see that those problems could be related to the CCM. Now, suddenly my AC stopped. Is that by any chance covered by the CCM? The door now has a random issue with opening/not opening with the remote. I will push the button, door opens. Maybe half an hour later, it will not open with the remote and I have to use the key. I'm beginning to think there is a ghost in the machine.
Electrical gremlins came standard with all NBs and NBCs. There was no extra charge for this unwelcome upgrade.

The door lock modules, hatch lock/release, alarm system, sunroof (if you have one), and fuel tank lid release, and all their related switches all make use of the CCM. The a/c and heat system, nor any of their components, do not, regardless of what the name may imply.

You issue, with your remote, however, sounds like it could be a battery or dirty contacts within your remote. I would start there, by opening the remote, changing the battery and cleaning the contacts. The lid release on the fuel tank door may be an issue more like the one of the original poster.

As to your a/c, tell us what has stopped. The fan, the cooling, a little more information, please.

M.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Thank you for the information, vary helpful ...... I will give it a go....
Do you have a multimeter? If not, and you have to buy one, they are not expensive, WallyWorld for probably under $20. Just be sure to buy a digital. Easy to learn to use for the basics, even if you don't know how now.

Here's a watch I refer newbies to mm usage to -
THE BEST Multimeter tutorial (HD) - YouTube

M.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well I got the meter out I am not getting power to the trunk lock or to the door switch? ???? I put power to the trunk switch and it works..... at the door switch I checked for power with a check light and gas lid has power but the trunk wire the light is very very dim and the other 2 wires must be grounds? Any suggestion on what to do next?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts