NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I love my '08 convertible. The manual that came with it is for an '09, so I'm asking my question here in hopes that '08 owners can help me. :)

Here's my question: On the driver's side door, there are the two bigger window buttons (I THINK there are two -- I'm not looking at the car right now). When you press them down, all four windows will go down at once while you hold them. Behind those, there are also the four separate buttons, one for each window. When I press -- but do not hold down -- the front two buttons, the two front windows go down all the way WITHOUT me holding the button down the whole time. In other words, I simply tap those two buttons for the front two windows to go all the way down, or up, on their own. Now, when I tap the back two buttons, the back two windows DO NOT go down on their own. I have to hold the button down. Shouldn't the back two go down all the way when I just tap the buttons, just like how the front one's go? I feel like my back two used to go down all the way on their own when I tapped the button, but now I have to hold it down for them to go down all the way.... I hope I'm just going crazy.

Thanks!

·
Registered
228 Posts
:) Your windows are normal.

The front windows have auto up/down convenience but the back ones don't. The front buttons have two stops to them, the first stop controls the window up/down until you release. The second stop (push all the way and let go) triggers the auto up/down function. The buttons are sensitive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts