VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum and looking for guidance with a trunk latch.
The trunk will not open with either the door switch or the key fob. I just bought the car and the previous owned states that he recently replaced the door switch but that didn't fix it.
I now have the trunk open from the emergency handle.
I listen for the actuator motor while I use the door switch but I do not hear it . The gas switch works fine.
I bought a new actuator switch and plugged it into the wiring connector. I tried the door switch and the fob with no results. All fuses check ok..and I've cleaned the connector with contact cleaner.
How can I check the wiring from the door switch to the actuator without removing the door panel.
I'm trusting the PO changed the switch as I saw the receipt.
What is the process to check the wiring? Could I simply put 12v current from the battery to the solo aid actuator?
Any suggestion are appreciated

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
Moved to Questions, Issues, Concerns, or Problems with the New Beetle forum

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am new to the forum and looking for guidance with a trunk latch.
The trunk will not open with either the door switch or the key fob. I just bought the car and the previous owned states that he recently replaced the door switch but that didn't fix it.
I now have the trunk open from the emergency handle.
I listen for the actuator motor while I use the door switch but I do not hear it . The gas switch works fine.
I bought a new actuator switch and plugged it into the wiring connector. I tried the door switch and the fob with no results. All fuses check ok..and I've cleaned the connector with contact cleaner.
How can I check the wiring from the door switch to the actuator without removing the door panel.
I'm trusting the PO changed the switch as I saw the receipt.
What is the process to check the wiring? Could I simply put 12v current from the battery to the solo aid actuator?
Any suggestion are appreciated
I had the same issue with my 2005 convertible. Turned out that one of the wires had came loose from the harness in the trunk lid. Had to trim down the rubber coating and reset the wire into the harness.

Wes- Droid

1 - 3 of 3 Posts