VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,i'm from the UK and I've just purchased a 2002 1.6 Beetle 1 lady owner from new 130,000 full service history and is really clean inside and out. I brought it back from where I brought it from where it had been sat for 6months and the back box fell off.... Fair enough it's one of those things.... So I get a full valet on it and get the Bloke to drop it off at the exhaust place, he phones me up and says the battery's flat so I jump it and drive it back get a test on it and the alternator has gone.... So get that fixed, pick it up in the morning and it's misfiring and the esp light is on ? I out a snap on codec on it and it says misfire cylinder 4 and o2 sensor so I clear the codes and change 1&4 spark plugs as I can't get to 2&3. It's still misfiring but the code has gone for the misfire on cylinder 4 but the MAF sensor has come up and the secondary air pump code.... ? I'm waiting for the MAF sensor to come in the morning but anyone know anything?? My next thing is leads and coil pack.... But it's costing me a fortune lol

Thanks

·
Registered
15,841 Posts
Well, please post whatever trouble codes, you are currently getting. I don't know about the 1.6L but the 2.0L has problems with coil packs cracking and causing misfires.

Post up those codes and we will go from there! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts