VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm new to these forums, but I'm just looking for some info or advice!
I recently purchased a 2002 Beetle "Double Yellow" Color Concept edition, but its missing the original yellow door panels and a lot of the interior isn't in the best of shape. I've been trying to figure out how to go about looking for replacements for a lot of the interior pieces, but I can't find much info on the Color Concept editions at all! Does anyone have any resources that they've found that have helpful info on this specific edition? Or maybe someone has one and they can help me out with some info? I'd really appreciate it!

·
Registered
17,236 Posts
Let us know, specifically; what questions you have about the special color concept edition new beetle's. Mechanically, they are the same; as other 1.8T new beetle's of the same era and specs of the specific years produced.

Otherwise, the interiors, had the better optional sport seats; additional matching body colored leather accents, to many interior parts and accented similar colored stitching. Many, typically, had the alloy wheels with the matching color plastic bolted on inserts; to add to the color matching theme of these new beetles.

2002 (on) New Beetle Color Concepts - All the VW Beetle Special Editions : SEBeetles

"take five" wheels with matching color inserts:

Take-5.jpg

Let us know, if you have any other questions and we will try to help. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I'm trying to find interior pieces for it, ie; door panels, front seats, and a center console. But whenever I search this specific edition its almost like it doesn't exist! I know that very few were produced, but I'm determined to find original pieces for my car! The door panels in it were replaced by the previous owner, but they're just plain black. I think I've determined that I'm just going to have to do some very thorough searching to find the pieces that I'm looking for!

·
Registered
17,236 Posts
These are going to be hard to find and after 16 uears ind bad shape. You might wirk wirh a local upholstery shop to change the leather covered items to the yellow colors. There are many upholstery shops that sell on ebay; that have affordable leather premade coverings for things; door panel inserts, shifter covers etc; it depends on how much work you are willing to do yourself. If your door panels are in good shape; you might work with what you have, repaint and recover what is needed to get back to the original colors of the yellow color concept interior design. Professuonal painting can get expensive and is time consuming; you might look into covering the top areas with color wrap and diy.

·
y2k Reflex Beetle 1.8t
100 Posts
I was shopping interior door panels on eBay last week.... $300-500 per pair. There were probably about 10 sets for sale, you could search there. I'm guessing most sellers wint know a double yellow from the others, making it even harder to get the correct yellow. I saw a double yellow nb for sale and mistook it for reflex yellow...not sure how close they are but maybe research your 1998-2010 yellows to help differentiate them. I investigated re-doing the color matched top part of the panel; maaco said they could sand and spray it but I decided their quality control might not be up to my preference. The shape of the rear panels seems tough for a diy '"wrap", so i didnt look further into researching colors there (yet, lol). I did black out most of the grey half of my interior.... not a job for the easily discouraged but it's possible. Removing the rubberized coating isn't pleasant. It took me several days in total.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.