VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I recently bought a 2002 Beetle Turbo S 1.8T and love it. I just don't know much about the maintenance history. Last week out of the blue I have a solid blue coolant light now and sometimes the oil light will flash when I come to a stop. I did some researching on the site and found its most likely the coolant temperature sensor, so I went to Oreilly's bought one, and replaced it. I then reset the battery and the blue light remains on even with 30+ minutes of driving and the engine is definitely warmed up. Then I looked on this site again and found that I might need a VW temperature sensor, so I got another one from the dealer and replaced it as well. I even unplugged the battery just in case. I still have a blue coolant light all the time.... It is not blinking or any other color, coolant level looks to be right on the max line. I even added just a bit and it did not change anything. Ideas?

·
5/23/10 <3
11,505 Posts
Have you scanned the car for any codes?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Ideas??

Why sure,sure.......Just get a piece of black electrical tape and cover the blue light, You're good as new..LOL :D , jk. What is the history on this car? Did the previous owner mix the wrong coolant in the system? If that is the case than I would say your thermostat is corroted & stuck open all the time and the motor is running below the normal temperature. check for codes or check to see what temperature is the motor after a couple miles down the road. My 2 cents on this good luck man

·
Registered
7 Posts
Temperature sensor

Change the temperature sensor. Cost like 8 bux and you can do yourself. I had the same problem with mine once I fixed no more everlasting blue and no more flashing oil light!!! Good luck hope this helps!!:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
make sure you get quality sensor, Check ECS bro, and make sure you reset the ligh by erasing the code with a scanner. Disconnecting the battery wont erase the code.
good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts