VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replacing the Right side knuckle on my 2k Beetle. I used a APWI knuckle from Rock Auto . Got the whole thing together except for the carrier for the disc brake caliper . It appears that the original caliper bolts might be slightly larger than the threads on the new knuckle ! At this point I don't want to force anything , and create more headaches . My 2K was a early production so run I'm wondering if they made some changes along the way on later models ? Also any information on bolts sizes for the carrier would be appreciated or noted deviations from stock on the APWI knuckle. Once again thanks for any info Eldoguy .:) .

·
Registered
1964 Deluxe, 2005 GLS 2014 Rline
313 Posts
Are you sure you have a turbo knuckle as they are different to the 2.0

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, the turbo is a bolt on carrier , the 2.0 carrier is incorporated into the knuckle and will not accept the larger disc brake . TX .

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Figured it out . Exposed part of bolts got encrusted with dirt over the years and it fossilized making bolts larger on the exposed portion. Lots of wire brushing and soaking in kroil and all is well . For the record the bolt size is M12 with a 1.50 pitch grade 10.8

·
Registered
70 Posts
Is there a control arm/steering knuckle combination that will push the center of my front wheel toward the front of the wheel well and still stay true to the axle/trans/suspension geometry ??? ASKING FOR A FRIEND....

2003 VW New Beetle GLX 1.8T,06A AWP Block,AEB head, Crower Stage 3 Cams,Big Turbo GTX3582 .70/.82 A/R, Turbosmart 38mm EWG, Siemens 1000cc/Gen.2, HKS SSQV BOV, Winols ME 7.5, Mafless,SAI,EVAP, rear 02 Delete, IMMO DEF, E85-E100 tune, Greddy FMIC, 30row -10AN oil cooler, HellCat 550lph pump. 5bar aFPR, bored/honed/stock 03+ small port intake manifold, 3”I.d. DP/Turbo back/ hood exit/ 3”I.d stock placed exhaust w/cutout-electronic. Stage “4 extreme,daily” SBC clutch kit. 04 VW GLI K04-064 ,AEB TT225 head ,AWP block , maestro me7 LowLyme martytuned 2++ full delete/defeat tune, 3” cat delete exhaust straight piped. Stage3 clutch. 03 VW Wolfsburg 1.8t Jetta K04 built head stage 2 clutch stage 2 tune. Stock bottom end, stock injectors. All solid builds. Only one is a BEASTLE. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is there a control arm/steering knuckle combination that will push the center of my front wheel toward the front of the wheel well and still stay true to the axle/trans/suspension geometry ??? ASKING FOR A FRIEND....

2003 VW New Beetle GLX 1.8T,06A AWP Block,AEB head, Crower Stage 3 Cams,Big Turbo GTX3582 .70/.82 A/R, Turbosmart 38mm EWG, Siemens 1000cc/Gen.2, HKS SSQV BOV, Winols ME 7.5, Mafless,SAI,EVAP, rear 02 Delete, IMMO DEF, E85-E100 tune, Greddy FMIC, 30row -10AN oil cooler, HellCat 550lph pump. 5bar aFPR, bored/honed/stock 03+ small port intake manifold, 3”I.d. DP/Turbo back/ hood exit/ 3”I.d stock placed exhaust w/cutout-electronic. Stage “4 extreme,daily” SBC clutch kit. 04 VW GLI K04-064 ,AEB TT225 head ,AWP block , maestro me7 LowLyme martytuned 2++ full delete/defeat tune, 3” cat delete exhaust straight piped. Stage3 clutch. 03 VW Wolfsburg 1.8t Jetta K04 built head stage 2 clutch stage 2 tune. Stock bottom end, stock injectors. All solid builds. Only one is a BEASTLE. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Might be worth looking into the TT/R32 knuckles. I believe they add caster but may not move the wheel center as far forward as you’d like. Wish I could be of more assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts