NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
formally t-bucket
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banana: Whoo hoo!!!!

Took an '06 1.9 TDI with the 5-speed for a test drive Saturday evening...WOW...what a rush! I knew about the torque just from my wife's '05 Passat TDI, but with a stick, this baby was fun. Kinda reminded me of my days with my '78 VW Rabbit (now there was a great handling car...a Porsche in sheep's clothing).

Salesdude said the NB TDI in Gecko Green will be coming into N.E. WI. showroom in a week or two. I've seen the Salsa Red so far. Will compare the two, although the Salsa is now gone. I'm still thinking the G/G is going to win out.

One note here...what was kinda hard to get used to though in this NB was the dinner table dash top....holy frights, one could serve up a good sized meal there and still have room left over! Took a bit of getting used to in all of about 10 minutes.:thewave:

Jerry

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
Whew, if you thought that was peppy, you need to drive a chiptuned TDI. Let's just say, after years of driving a chipped TDI, if I get behind the wheel of a stock one, I find it achingly slow :)

So, you're going for a NB TDI to make your home a two-TDI household? That's my case; we've got an 02 TDI and an 05 Passat TDI in the garage.

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
green jelly Bean said:
One note here...what was kinda hard to get used to though in this NB was the dinner table dash top....
Jerry
Just think of all the picnicking you can do! :lol:

A long handled duster will come in very handy. After riding in an AC Bug, with the windshield in your face, it's kinda comforting to have the glass a little farther away in the New Beetle. You'll get used to it on no time.

You are right to wait, and NOT SETTLE. If Gecko is what you want, (a good choice, by the way) then Gecko is what you should get. Good luck to you! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts