NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Read a few discussions here, it seems when i unplug the wiring harness from the driver window motor and plug it in i get about 10 min worth of window use then nothing.Each time i reset by pulling the wiring harness, it works. is there another part or relay or module that may need to be replaced? Even when i reset, i can not put down the passenger window from the driver side switch. thanks for your time

dave

·
Registered
11,627 Posts
You might start with a scan for trouble codes with a vw specific scan tool like vcds by ross tech and see if any relate to your problems.

We have seen the same issue as yours before; common problems are:

1. Bad/damaged wiring harness in the door; at the flex area between the door and the body, inside the ribbed rubber sheath. The wires flex and break over time; this can cause a intermittant connectivity problems, resulting in random electrical issues.

2. Failed comfort control modules; can cause a intermittant problem and bring down the communication bus. Thus the unplug technique; resets the bus and fixes the issue, momentarily.

3. Used parts installed, from a different year new beetle; they can physically fit but be incompatible, causing functionality problems. The terminal ends can be wired differently or the modules are revised and/or have different part numbers.

You might pull the door panel; test wiring, inspect for any damage, look for any wrong used, installed parts (keep your eyes peeled for id markings; from a junk yard) and look for any related trouble codes.

Here is a diy; for the door panel and access to the wiring harness:

https://www.newbeetle.org/forums/questions-issues-concerns-problems-new-beetle/109049-window-regualtro-door-lock-diy.html?amp=1

So, those are some ideas to start with; let us know, what you find and we can from there. Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts