NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2012 New Car Preview - Yahoo! Autos

The 2012 Beetle made the list, but look at the new Hyundai 2012 Veloster @ $17,300 MSRP, w/ every available option $23,310 MSRP compare VW Beetle at $30,000+

The Veloster is a small two-door sports coupe, but there’s a well-concealed rear door on the passenger side that grants access to a two-person rear seating area. The interior design is glitzy-modern with metallic grab handles on the center console and on the front doors. The powertrain, like the one in the new Accent, is a 138-hp four-cylinder direct-injection engine mated to a six-speed manual or automatic transmission. The Environmental Protection Agency rates the Veloster’s fuel economy at 40 mpg on the highway and 30 in the city, putting it on par with the Honda CR-Z hybrid.

Bottom line: It’s hard to believe that the miserly fuel economy will allow for much giddyap, but agile handling could trump the need for speed here.

And the Interior
Hyundai Veloster : Interior | Hyundai

And the Warranty
10-YEAR/100,000-MILE POWERTRAIN PROTECTION

Covers repair or replacement of powertrain components (i.e., selected engine and transmission/transaxle components), originally manufactured or installed by Hyundai that are defective in material or factory workmanship, under normal use and maintenance. Coverage applies to original owner only, effective with 2004 model year and newer model year vehicles. On 1999-2003 model years, coverage applies to original owner and immediate family members (i.e., wife, husband, daughter, son, stepdaughter, stepson).
Second and/or subsequent owners have powertrain components coverage under the 5-Year/60,000-Mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Excludes coverage for vehicles in commercial use (e.g. taxi, route delivery, delivery service, rental, etc.).
5-YEAR/60,000-MILE NEW VEHICLE LIMITED WARRANTY

Covers repair or replacement of any component manufactured or originally installed by Hyundai that is defective in material or factory workmanship, under normal use and maintenance.
The following components are covered for time and mileage limits indicated:
• Radio and audio systems (i.e., radio, compact disc player, DVD player, navigation system, and Bluetooth®): 3 years/36,000 miles
• Paint: 3 years/36,000 miles
• Battery: 3 years/unlimited miles (100% covered 2 years/unlimited miles; after 2 years and within 3 years, 25% cost of battery and 100% labor cost covered)
• Air conditioner refrigerant charge: 1 year/unlimited miles
• Adjustments: 1 year/12,000 miles
• Wear items: 1 year/12,000 miles (e.g., belts, brake pads and linings, clutch linings, filters, wiper blades, bulbs, fuses)

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
:jawdrop: MoRaV, how could you even consider it!!!!!!

Just kidding. I've been eyeing a go in one of these for awhile. I'm undecided in the looks department, I just want to see one in real life first.

They seem like they'd make a pretty awesome used car after depreciation hits them. Cuz well, I never buy new.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MoRaV, how could you even consider it!!!!!!
Sorry Guys/Gals! Not a fan of the new 2012 B. Just another car now, the "novelty" facot is gone.

Saw this for the first time, and was impressed by the mpg, the design (love the hidden third door), and the fact that Hyundai is entering the sports car (well, kinda') market. Hyundai has a kick-a$$ track record for dependability and low maintenance costs, while still being affordabe. And for $8000 less...

Not my style either, but thought it noteworthy as there seem to be a lot around here with the new car bug.

M. :)

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MoRaV,Hyundai has a awesome 'Sports car' The Genesis Coupe is a sweet car..My friend has a 2011 2.0T 6 sp ,,, so this lil car looks nice :)
I took a peak, nice looking car, but like the subject vehicle, not really a sports car in my mind. Wikipedia defines a sports car best...
A sports car is a small, usually two seat, two door automobile designed for high speed driving and maneuverability. Sports cars have been either spartan or luxurious, but good handling, minimum weight, and high performance are requisite.
Two seats, and a cruising speed above 100 mph, makes a sports car, add a back seat, it becomes a family car. And OMG the concept of adding another pair of doors... LMAO

M. :D

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TT, maybe...

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, this part of the event might make it worth while...

Hooters' Miss OC International Auto Show Contest
On Friday, starting at 7 pm, see the hottest Hooters girls on stage compete for cash prizes and the title of Hooters' Miss OC International Auto Show.

Or if I don't make it there for Friday night, maybe on Saturday afternoon

Swimsuit International Model Search
This model search brings the most beautiful women in the world, together all on one stage. Come see these beautiful ladies compete for cash prizes live on stage on Saturday, between
1 pm and 3 pm.

Otherwise...

Might see you there! I'll be the one in the Classic Vette shirt!

M.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I've become a dyslectic typist, always doing that, the word is factor. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts