NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, Replaced the Spark plugs on Saturday, Drove it over 40 miles to include interstate traffic, then the Malfunction light lite up with 13 errors codes, 17704 16684 16685 17763 17772 17978 16687 17766 16686 17769 16990 16525 - Cooling System Malfunction, Cylinder misfires, Cylinder Ignition Circuit Open Circuits, Control Module locked, ECM/PCM Processor and O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Bank 1, Sensor Malfunction, The Beetle 2001 2.0 Gas is running great before, during and after the Idiot light turned on. Any clue what could have happen? Maybe the O2 Sensor Heater shorted for a second, which caused the ECM/PCM to lock and reported all the other items? Cleared all the codes for tomorrows run to work, thx for any help

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'd check the wiring harness or anything electrical near the plenum, that's a lot of codes, maybe a large bit of the harness was shorted somewhere along the way of hassling with the intake mani. But I'd expect to see the cel immediately if so, unless something got moved 'just so'. I dunno just throwing out ideas. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I would recommend checking the connections in the fuse box on top of the battery, especially the connection between the fuse box and the battery positive terminal. Bad connections here can cause an overvoltage in the electrical system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts