NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if 14" steel wheels will fit on a New Beetle? PCD/Offset etc all correct a 6J rims if that changes anything but are they big enough to clear the brake calipers?

Many Thanks

Kate

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Does anyone know if 14" steel wheels will fit on a New Beetle? PCD/Offset etc all correct a 6J rims if that changes anything but are they big enough to clear the brake calipers?

Many Thanks

Kate
HMM, good question. But a better question is why in the world would you want to put 14 inch rims on your New Beetle? It will almost look as rediculous as someone putting 22 inch rims on a Chevy Chevette. :p
Seriously, I don't think that small of a wheel will clear the fairly large calipers on the beetle. Perhaps with some Wheel Spacers but that will make it look ever worse. If you are wanting winter type tires and wheels I would check TireRack.com they always have great deals on tires and wheels but personally I would never put anything smaller than a 16 inch wheel on my Beetle in the winter and 18 inch wheels in the summer.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, for winters! In the UK we had NB's with 15" steels but I found some 14" from a Polo (1 size smaller than a Golf)that were cheap & winter tires for that size are cheap too!

Kate

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
I looked into having 14" on my other Bug. When i was showing it, as nobody had ever gone down that route on a Bug. Found some Awesome wheels too. But.. Big But. it would of mean't changing the brakes too. As others have said. Sadly :(

:)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers Blugg, thought it would be the case but £25 for a set of 4 wheels (the 14") would have been much better than £100 or so for the 15's!! So worth the ask!

Kate

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Cheers Blugg, thought it would be the case but £25 for a set of 4 wheels (the 14") would have been much better than £100 or so for the 15's!! So worth the ask!

Kate
Seen them go for £25 on the forums for a set of Steels with tires ;) :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts