NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
LuLu - 2001 GLS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my other love...my 1915 Saxon Model A "FiFi". She's all original right down to her tires and canvas. We're her 3rd owners. She has 3606 miles on her. She sat in a barn for 40 years before we found her.

Little history on Saxon Motorcars. They were in business in Detroit from 1914-1924. They made roughly 90,000 cars. Only about 150 are known to still be around. FiFi is one of only 2241 made. She has the 1914 body with the 1915 upgrade. She's crank to start and has both electric and oil lights. She has a whopping 12 horsepower.

Stephanie

·
blue highways
735 Posts
Beautiful!

·
High mileage driver found
268 Posts
That's absolutely gorgeous, I have respect for any classic car, but a vehicle that is basically 100 years old and can still be driven? Super cool.

I'm also excited by the fact that my '52 Beetle has double the horsepower of another car :)

·
Super Moderator
14,769 Posts
So beautiful! Any more pictures?

·
LuLu - 2001 GLS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for all the wonderful comments :) She was a heck of a find!!! I'm looking for a 1915 Ohio License Plate set and having a hard time finding one... :(

When I get her out of the garage from her winter nap and get her all shiny again, I'll snap some new pictures. The ones I have now aren't all that great. She has so many neat things...like the speedometer on the tire and the gas tank under the dash. Her tire tread says NO SLIP and they're Firestone originals! :cool:

We bring her to the shop in the summer and put her out front. You wouldn't believe how many people stop to look at her since she is so rare. Most people haven't seen a Saxon before :)

·
Bug Less
3,754 Posts
HEY THERE Neighbor :wave3: Im in Toledo. ever take her to the super cruise ? silly question i know :lol: but I believe I've seen it there at a show before :) very beautiful

·
LuLu - 2001 GLS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HEY THERE Neighbor :wave3: Im in Toledo. ever take her to the super cruise ? silly question i know :lol: but I believe I've seen it there at a show before :) very beautiful
Well howdy neightbor :) Do you ever come out to the cruise nights here in Wauseon, the first one is May 6. We haven't had her to one yet but she'll be there this year :) She usually sits here at the shop. She'll be in the Homecoming parade this year also :) Her motor is being worked on now, kinda froze up after sitting for 40 years in a barn! :( Original Continental 4 cylinder. Nice thing is the company is still in business :D

Stephanie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts