NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1998 Volkswagen New Beetle, Manual, 114,000 miles.

High Res pictures here.

The Good
  • Recent (110,000 miles) full service and tune up, (almost $1,000 worth), car runs perfectly. Maintained at Cowden Automotive and Fritz & Peters
  • Body in great shape, no dents, paint shines, washed and waxed regularly
  • Interior in excellent condition, no broken switches or trim
  • Front brakes and rotors replaced at 105,000. I also have brand new in the box rear pads and rotors (fitted pads and rotors have plenty of wear left) which will be included with the car.
  • Lots of tread left on tires
  • Easily passed smog in 2012
  • New tags, registered until April 2014
  • Brand new custom red headliner (original headliner pretty much always is sagging on cars of this age)
  • Family owned since new, was owned by my parents-in-law, then transferred to my wife in 2008. Was always our second car, then we got a third car so it has been pretty much in our garage for the last year.
The Bad
  • Cruise Control doesn’t function, we haven’t used it for years, so not sure when it decided to take a break.
  • Some of the buttons on the original radio do not function, however the radio and CD changer work fine. Cassette Deck included for that tape you found in the bottom of that box.
  • Some curb rash on two wheels
  • Cracked front fog light
  • Rear bumper rash, normal for city parking
  • Two small burn marks on upholstery, but overall upholstery is in good shape for a beige interior.

Selling for $3,500 in Oakland.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,172 Posts
I assume this is a 2.0? When was the timing belt changed?

And I assume by Oakland, you mean California?

·
Super Moderator
14,786 Posts
I think by his username, and the cars license plates, that yes, he means Oakland CA.

The 98 looks great! Good luck with your sale!!! (Love the headliner!)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, Oakland, CA indeed and this is a 2.0

Timing belt was replaced at 78522 miles, water pump also at that time. Secondary air pump at 66k miles, ignition coil at 110k miles. I have most of the service history.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts