VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have run into a problem with my Beetle stalling. First it started off when driving along at a steady pace, the engine would die just like the fuel had been shut off. No lights on the dash nothing, keeping my foot on the gas, it would pick back up like nothing happened. Then the problem became more frequent, failing to start without multiple attempts. Last time it quit on me going through an intersection. I tried several restart attempts and got it running again Now the EPC, check engine lights came on and stayed on. This started not to long after getting the MAF, water pump and timing belt replaced. But I think it is just coincidental. The car runs fine other than when it stalls.
I have 60k miles on it, owned it since new and it has been one problem after another. This car has been nothing but a pain. When will it finally just run and be reliable?

·
5/23/10 <3
11,237 Posts
Get the car scanned for codes from the CEL. Autozone and the like will scan them for free.

·
&amp;quot; I need me one of them&amp;quot;
536 Posts
Take it back to where you had the water pump and timing belt replaced. Have them chek to be sure the timing in on......Might have jumped a notch....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts