NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 1999 beetle it,s still in really good shape with only 140,000 km on it my question is it is a gas engine and im in canada is there ablock heather on this car to plug in in at night if so where would it be??

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
My wife has a 1999 beetle it,s still in really good shape with only 140,000 km on it my question is it is a gas engine and im in canada is there ablock heather on this car to plug in in at night if so where would it be??
As far as I know there are no OEM block heaters on the Beetles. If you have one it would be aftermarket. Are you having troubles with starting it in cold weather?

·
Registered
950 Posts
As far as I know there are no OEM block heaters on the Beetles. If you have one it would be aftermarket. Are you having troubles with starting it in cold weather?
If the vehicle was sold in Canada it would have included a block heater and possibly a battery warmer. My 98 included both of these.

These are a dealer installed options, I'm sure in the northern US states the dealers also included these options. These would have been covered under the warranty as dealer options I think.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
If the vehicle was sold in Canada it would have included a block heater and possibly a battery warmer. My 98 included both of these.
Yours is a TDI though right? The OP has a gasser so it may not have been as standard. But I'm not sure. I don't hear of block heaters used in the gassers nearly like I do diesels.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Yours is a TDI though right? The OP has a gasser so it may not have been as standard. But I'm not sure. I don't hear of block heaters used in the gassers nearly like I do diesels.
It would be standard to install a block heater here. I don't think I've ever seen a car in Canada that doesn't have a plug to keep the block warm in winter. Sometimes they're attached to the oil pan I think, and we also have battery blankets to keep the battery from freezing and breaking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts