VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1999 vw new beetle has been having battery problems. I had it jumped the other night with no problem. Just now it wouldn't start again. The other night when I got home I pulled a fuse that controls the visor lights that always stay on thinking that was the problem. This is the first time I tried to start it since then. Before when It wouldn't start it would make the clicking sound. Now it doesn't do that. I put the fuse back in thinking maybe it might help. When I turned the key an alarm went off. Didn't know it had an alarm. I have had it on a charger for a while but it is sitting on 2. The charger thing worked once before. Battery is fairly new.
Help Please!

·
5/23/10 <3
11,412 Posts
I would check the battery. Even if its not that old, if you've had a parasitic drain that keeps draining the battery, it can kill it.

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
Yeah draining a battery down over and over will kill it in no time. Make sure that there isn't anything besides the visor lights that is draining the battery. I'm going to guess that those are staying on because a micro switch problem in one of the doors. That could also cause problems with the alarm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts