VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I REALLY like the beetle I got for my daughter. I bought it with everything unknown through an auction.

So far it has been great and just a few minor repairs done, even though I had some scares.

Anyway does anyone know how I can track down repairs that may have been repaired through VW dealerships?

I know there would be know way to track what independent garages did, but would be curious if any transmission work was done or if the TB was changed at a dealership?

Any help?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Some things will show up on a car fax. You can try asking a local dealer to get the records using the vin #. I've done it with 2 out of 3 of my beetles ;)

·
5/23/10 <3
11,417 Posts
You can always call the dealer. They can run the vin and probably mail you anything they have.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
758 Posts
The carfax and dealer suggestions are both good. A dealer ought to want to help you out, since if it needs service, they should assume you're planning on taking it to them.

If you can't get any records, I'd start with the assumption that nothing has been done on the car. That would place the timing belt, timing belt tensioner, water pump, and thermostat service top on my list of "things to do". If you do this yourself it's about $200 for all parts and coolant. If you pay a dealer for this, it's much more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts