NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon Everyone,

As it says in the time, I just bought my very first New Beetle, it's a 2001 GLS and I am simply enamored by it. I have always wanted a Beetle (old or new) and having that little car dream come true just makes me smile.

(Definitely better pics coming soon)

Sure, being a older car, it was surely promised to come with issues such as the passenger door not working (the electrical seems fine but the door won't open inside and out, I'll be posting that fun little issue probably in another thread coming soon), some interior that needs repairing like the the arm rest, the glove box handle that was torn or broken off but otherwise it runs like a champ.

However, I don't plan to stop there.

I am currently in the process of designing what will hopefully one day become a wrap or paint job (no spoilers yet but pics will eventually come), along with custom dash, lights and even custom seat covers.

I think I have rambled on long enough, so just reply, send a message, send tips, or even just say hi.

I know I am enthusiastic about my New Beetle, but I can't wait to see what comes next.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Nice looking Black NB!

Welcome to the Org!

A little something I put together for all the Newbies -
http://newbeetle.org/forums/new-member-forum/51021-newbie-welcome-kit.html

When you get a few minutes, click into the "User CP" to the left, in the lower purple bar, and complete at information so that your location, and car pops up in the upper right hand corner of your post. For help, always best if we know where in the counrty you are, youryear, the model, we call Hatchbacks, NBs, Turbos NBTs, Verts NBCs, and many times in a question it may help if we know the tranny.

As to the stuck passenger door, this could be a simple thing or complicated and involved, worked with someone lately with the same problem. He is his thread, which covers all the possible ways to get it open, including his final resolve, which was the first time many around here had ever heard of the method.
http://newbeetle.org/forums/questions-issues-concerns-problems-new-beetle/53216-anybody-ever-try-open-door-wont-open.html and
http://newbeetle.org/forums/questions-issues-concerns-problems-new-beetle/53419-door-latch-problem-solution.html

After you acquire that second key, talked about in the Newbie thread, the very next thing you MUST do is the timing belt and water pump, if you do not have impeccable proof it has been done. You haven't mentioned your mileage. This is not a "yeah, one of these days" type of thing. The water pumps fails, the timing belt fails, fact of NB. Lots of threads around here. A few hundred in parts if you have the mechanical ability to do it. $650-$1200 for an independent VW specialty shop or Dealer.

Lots to learn about your new ride! And your in the right place.

MORAV

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Welcome to the Org, :wave2: and Welcome to the New Beetle!!! :party:

·
Old & New Beetles
2,244 Posts
Welcome to the org!

I´m so happy about that your dream come true :thup:
Enjoy your New Beetle; it is a wonderful car.

Greetings from Finland.

PS. I´m looking forward to see more pics ;)

·
Beware-Blonde with Beetle
677 Posts
Congrats on your New Beetle and welcome! :) I can't wait to see everything you do with him/her/

·
He who walks on Ice!
106 Posts
Welcome to the club!!! Keep us updated and if you have any questions. Use the forums for more information. I love the black NB...my favorite!:)

·
a guy with a car
47 Posts
Welcome, fellow VW newb! They are great fun to drive. Sure, they got quirks (what car doesn't?), but the quirks weren't a deal breaker for me.

Congrats on the new to you Beetle. Happy motoring!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts