VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Ready to jump in and replace my daughter's belt and water pump on her '03 2.0 with the AVH motor and I'm really hoping there's a step-by-step procedure somewhere here on the forum. My search efforts revealed nada.

Would somebody come to the rescue on this please?

Plus, if there's a pdf or other info available I'd REALLY appreciate an email if at all possible. My addy is gdmastro at roadrunner dot com.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Using another DIY for an earlier engine it doesn't seem too tough but I'm not clear about how to remove the motor mount.

Would anyone have a description of R&R'ing the passenger side motor mount?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
One tip I do to make sure the timing is correct is as follows: on the pic on the VWvortex DIY, if you look at the cam gear you will see a pin at about five o'clock when the cam is on mark and number one is TDC. I use a paint stick at that tooth of the belt across from the pin and on the tooth on the cam before removing the belt. Then once removed, lay the old belt on the new and add marks to the new belt on the same number of teeth. Count the teeth and make sure, but once your new one has paint marks just make sure they line up like before.

·
Jitterbug
1,086 Posts
Using another DIY for an earlier engine it doesn't seem too tough but I'm not clear about how to remove the motor mount.

Would anyone have a description of R&R'ing the passenger side motor mount?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Support the engine with a jack and wood under the sump, remove the engine splash shield on that side of the engine (you´ll need it and the large centre part off anyway.

The mount is made up of a "body" piece (which contains the rubber mount), and a "motor" piece, the two pieces are bolted together to make the complete mounting.

Remove the coolant tank (10mm bolt in the hardest to reach corner).

Remove the bolts holding the "body" piece to the body.

Remove the two bolts holding the "body" piece to the "motor" piece, remove the "body" piece.

Remove the 3 bolts holding the "motor" piece to the engine block, one of these will not remove from the mount due to lack of clearence.

Jack the engine gently upwards until the "motor" piece can be removed, it can come either up into the engine bay or down out of the wheel well with a bit of fiddling. Check no fuel hoses are being stretched as you raise the motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.