NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2000 beetle with a 2.0 auto (worst options you could) and im am extremely disappointed with the mileage. im going to change the thermostat and look into some other things to get it up. im also a little dissapointed with low end power, I did some searching and cant find much at all about boosting a 2.0. does anyone have any light on the subject? is there anything you can do to the autos to make them hold some more power?

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
I hate to be the one to tell you, but your barking up the wrong tree. The 2.slo is a stout little engine, but can ya make it faster without spending a small fortune?? Not really.
And that auto trans, if its not giving you issues now, consider yourself lucky. If you go throwing more power at it the life expectancy will be a lot less then it is now.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Getting more power out of your engine would likely involve an engine swap and as 2004NBTURBOS mentioned, the factory automatic in the NB might not be a good match for an engine with more power than factory.

But this sort of thing has been done. I saw a thread where someone swapped the entire turbo/quattro drivetrain from an Audi into a NB. That involved cutting out part of the floor pan of the NB and welding in part of the Audio floor pan. Obviously not cheap to do, even assuming junkyard parts, but I'm sure that NB flies compared to the normally aspirated 2.0 from the factory.

·
turbo
1,043 Posts
nuespeed used to make a supercharger for it. I did an exhaust, k&n 57i kit, and short shifter. helped out a lot. Yes, you have to spend a small fortune to make them FAST, but you don't have to in order to make them QUICK!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts