VW Beetle Forum banner

2.0 bug probs

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  simonsi 
#1 ·
Well working on a friends bug and for the first time I'm truly stumped. We were getting codes for faulty tb sensor so we replaced and boom no codes, well she still wouldn't fire up so we found the fuel pump fuse blown so replaced. Tried starting and the gd fuse blew again, figured hmmm poss relay so installed that and gd thing shot all the ground codes on the new one so put old one back in and they went away. Saw on here to take plug off fuel pump to see if it blows and it doesn't. Only blows when I put the plug back on the fuel pump. Im really lost as to wtf is going on and could it just be a bad fuel pump causing the fuse to blow? Any help is appreciated.

thanks
dev

#3 ·
ya just replaced the fuel filter now totally forgot under pressure sprayed to the face gasoline in my veins now! Well decided to try a 5 amp fuse in it and see and wow no blowing with fuel disconnected and guess what since its empty now no fuel priming at all from the pump so it leads me to believe the pump is bad since it won't even prime anymore :( gd i just want it started now

#5 ·
I put a new fp relay in it from autozone and it popped multiple codes for grounds like p1225/1228 and eap ground type stuff. When i put old one back in all went away so that new relay was faulty and the old one was still working correctly. Also update friend said just take the gd beetle from him now for free since hes sick of looking at it and throwing money into it so i just gave him the money he paid for parts recently so im a bug owner now :) and o ya new fp was ordered should get it this week and then replacing the pump next weekend, keep fingers crossed!

#6 ·
#7 ·
Ya its not my relay like i thought it was, i was posting that i thought it was and put a new autozone one in which was faulty and throwing all the injector and other codes releated to that relay, threw the old one back on and it eliminated all codes. Im really putting my money on the fuel pump since I cant get it to prime/send fuel up front to start the beast. Guess ill find out next week and see what happens when i get around to installing the pump. If it happens again while pump is priming and cutting off ill check out the door switch and go from there. Only good thing about all this is going thru replacing stuff that appears to be tired/worn out, just fuggin hate when vag-com doesnt show any codes but still wont start :(

#8 ·
Is that addressed at me?

Sure relays are getting more complex vis the number of pins but as far as the load is concerned it is just a switch.

Many threads, inc the first you listed, is actually not a relay problem, it is a fit-the-wrong-part problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.