NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Still bugging
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rolleyes: so i was in my brothers pos cavalier the other day. He had just put in big venom injectors into his car. so the damn car felt like a rocket compared to how it used to feel. my question is if i put in bigger injectors will it hurt my car. also does anyone make bigger injectors for the 2.0. or can i get some from a 1.8? just wondering any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
It'd be a waste. Your ECU will adapt to the injectors and reduce their on-time. If it's too much adaptation it will throw a CEL. You won't get much benefit if any.

·
Still bugging
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you

well thanks for the reply. will it honestly throw a code or will it adapt? cuz if i plan to add some more power adders later i want to have them pumping enough juice:confused:

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
It depends on the size of the injectors you add. the beetle's ECU w/cooperation from the MAF and O2 is made to adapt ; but it has limitations at which point the ECU throws up a red flag and says "something's just WRONG".

I don't even know if your fuel injectors are weak. Heck they might only be on 40% duty cycle.... You really ought to do some research first before throwing parts at it. Figure it out like a system, what you're going to add, what those will actually accomplish (quanitify it, EXACTLY what will that next mod do? And how will that affect the difference sensors?)

This ain't your poppa's V8 that runs on gravity. It's a highly measured system of strings and pulleys and fans and pistons. Designed to be somewhat self-aware of what's going on, and what it's doing so as to prevent a catastrophic breakdown.

·
Still bugging
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dang

dang nor ur all over this forum lol:D . i guess your right i just wanted to say i had thrown another hi performance part at my car. but does anyone know if the injectors from a 1.8t will fit and work right? thanks nor

·
Registered
74 Posts
OH OH OH I knew id find some one dising V8s lol! HAHAHAH Im having to much fun today!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts