VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Black Velvet
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I need a little bit of help. Sometime later next year I"m planning on getting a 2015 Beetle R-line turbo and of course I do have plans on modding it, but I having a little bit of trouble of which options to go with this engine. I was on a lot of sites regarding the 2.0t and the options are endless. The 2.5 engine that I have with my current bug is good, but options are kind of limited and they do have turbo kits for my engine, but they are way too pricey and there is no guarantee that it would be reliable. So with that said I want to focus on which stage to start on regarding modding the 2.0t I want add some good and decent power while maintaining reliability . The 2.0 turbo platform so it's all kind of new to me. If anybody has knowledge on this engine and has some ideas it would be helpful, and will it be compatible with DSG transmission. And if possible send some pictures thanks again.

·
Registered
15,841 Posts

·
whats that sound
14 Posts
I will advise you to look for a manual.
Put a apr stage 1 chip on it.
That will give you about 250 hp and that is plenty for a fwd car without doing the really expensive mods and it will be really fun to drive!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a 2014 GSR with Gen3 2.0 TSI. I'm running the stock tune but have a CSI Turbo CAI and a Borla catback. The APR tune runs about $600. Great HP and torque increase if you live where there's 93 octane gas. On 92 or less, the gain isn't so much. The stock output is 210. My mods might have added 15-20. There is more than enough power here. I would like to remove the speed limiter and be able to turn traction control, etc off, but I'm not going to spend $600 to do so.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Black Velvet
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Whenever you get your 2.0t, I hope you'll help build a great thread here on the org. We need the 2012+ Beetles to hold their own here l, and in strong force.
I will and I will also post updates on the car as well.

·
Black Velvet
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I also only use 91 octane
I'm going to upgrade turbo in the future. .the K04
Everything I have on the beetle now is California state legal
Nice I would like to eventually upgrade the turbo on my next one as well as the suspension.

·
Registered
42 Posts
2014 GSR Beetle 2.0T Gen 3

I own a GSR. I love it! I'll get right to the point. I put a Stage 1 and then Stage 2 APR flash. I have installed APR downpipe and Carbonio intake. It is crazy fast now. I can spins tires at will now. I also have the DSG transmission. The traction control kicks on and off to stop slippage which is actually good so I can get tire to road. Yes, I want DSG upgrade but APR doesn't have one yet, I believe.
Do whatever you want to your Beetle. There are difference between Gen 1 and Gen 3 engines. Unfortunately not many cars have Gen 3. Which makes production of aftermarket parts harder to find. The APR intake is only stage 1. Only CTS Turbo makes a complete Stage 2 intake for Gen 3 engine. I am wanting a new turbo, hopefully someone will do it for Gen 3. Posting pics. All super easy to install. Crazy torque and horsepower. 280 hp. and 341 torque. You definitely love it!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Gsr

Thanks! I would love an aftermarket turbo to get close to 400HP but will have to wait a while. Seems nobody is making one for the Gen3 MK2 beetle yet.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts