VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'v been having issues with the car misfireing , Changed the coil pack , the leads , the plugs , the fuel pressure reg and even and injector. Still she misfires on 3! A compresstion test cleared all cylinders of any issues , iv also changed some coolant temp sensor and I feel there is something else im forgetting. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking to change the tank sender unit to see if this clears the isusse. Prior to any of these repairs the car would run rough on idle misfireing all over the place , you could sit and watch the rev counter bouncing , so after changing the usual suspects the issue seem to clear but then the misfire returened , so I went down the injector route to no avail. I am really running out of ideas and the will to fix this dam car , so please any help would be greatly appriceated.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
If the issue cleared after changing all those parts then you likely solved the problem but one of the new parts is bad. Try swapping coil packs, plugs etc between cylinders and see if the misfire follows the swaps. Without really knowing and just interweb guessing, I'd think either the coil pack or injector.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I get a constant p0300 code for the cylinder misfire can't remember the exact number but its a p0300 code and its always cylinder number 3 , changed injector on number 3 problem still persists, you can't put any load on the engine as soo as you do it just misses and looses power , forced to drive around like an old gardma stuck a 40mph. I can clear the codes and it will drive fine for about 25mins or just misfire constantly

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the issue cleared after changing all those parts then you likely solved the problem but one of the new parts is bad. Try swapping coil packs, plugs etc between cylinders and see if the misfire follows the swaps. Without really knowing and just interweb guessing, I'd think either the coil pack or injector.
Yea iv changed all that stuff still to no avail.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Yea iv changed all that stuff still to no avail.
I understood that you changed it all and that it’s all new, what I am suggesting is that one of those new parts went bad after just a short time and swapping coil packs and injectors between say cylinder 2 and 3 is a cheap (free) troubleshooting way of determining if you have a bad “new” part or something deeper.

What were the actual values of the compression test? Did you use chinesium parts?

·
5/23/10 <3
11,304 Posts
Please post all code numbers you are getting. Looks like there could be another code there, and that could potentially be an issue.

Also, what brand of parts did you use?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stark Automotive and Ridex parts were used the injector was a bosch. Coil pack was a Haas.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I understood that you changed it all and that it’s all new, what I am suggesting is that one of those new parts went bad after just a short time and swapping coil packs and injectors between say cylinder 2 and 3 is a cheap (free) troubleshooting way of determining if you have a bad “new” part or something deeper.

What were the actual values of the compression test? Did you use chinesium parts?
It was about 130psi across the cylinders.
Will try to swap some parts over but I don't hold much hope.

·
Registered
15,156 Posts
Ok, that makes sense; i don't recognize, the brands of, what i assume, are aftermarket auto parts. Can you list which brands are which and which parts they are?

In general, we see many times, problems with aftermarket parts and they don't work correctly, causing more problems. on top of what, you already have. This can be somewhat confusing, as you assume brand new parts; should fix the "problem" and work correctly, when installed.

Be aware, that many don't; unfortunately, right out of the box, they can be defective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, that makes sense; i don't recognize, what i assume, are aftermarket auto parts. Can you list which brands are which parts they are? In general, we see many times, problems with aftermarket parts and they don't work correctly, causing more problems and you already have.This can be somewhat confusing, as you assume brand new parts; should fix the problem and war work correctly, many don't right out of the box, they can be defective.

Ignition coil, Haas
Injector, Bosch
Spark plugs, Bosch
Coolant temp sensor, Ridex
Fuel pressure controle valve, Stark
and I can't find the information for the Ignition leads my brain tells me JapTech but not 100% sure on that one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We need to see what trouble codes; are currently being thrown, please post the trouble codes, not just the descriptions, we can go from there, thanks.

You got it , i'll get the car up at my place so I can read the codes off again and then I'll put the exact codes up for you gents.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We need to see what trouble codes; are currently being thrown, please post the trouble codes, not just the descriptions, we can go from there, thanks.

Here are the codes the car keeps giving me.
p0300
p0302
p0303
p0321

·
Registered
15,156 Posts
It looks like you have several misfire codes and the then this one, which could be your issue:

If you decide ti replace it; stick with genuine oem Bosch sensors and not cheap aftermarket, knock off parts.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts